Sunday, August 21, 2011

Prairie Dev Con…Calgary?

I’ve had some people ask me that since I’m putting on Prairie Developer Conference in Winnipeg, whether I’d be interested in putting one on in Calgary as well.

If you’re not familiar with Prairie Dev Con, I started it in Regina in 2010 and have run it there the last two Junes. I wanted to put on a technology conference that had fantastic content, great atmosphere, and an affordable price. The conference is two days with an extra day for optional post-conference workshops, and presenters have come from all over North America in various technical disciplines. The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and we’ve doubled our attendance over the two Regina events. There will be another Prairie Dev Con in Regina this June.

But Calgary, like Winnipeg, is short an event now that TechDays is putting live events on only in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver. Prairie Dev Con is proving to be a great replacement event here in Winnipeg, and I believe it could be in Calgary as well. What I need to know is whether people in Alberta feel the same way!

I’ve created a very quick online survey that I’m inviting people to fill out. This will help in making the decision to put on a Calgary event early next year, as well as where it will be held and the types of sessions you’d like to see.

There’s a spot on the survey to enter your name and email address, although its not mandatory. For those that do, I’ll draw a free registration to either the Calgary event if we do it, or for the Regina event – so either way you can win a free registration to a fantastic technology conference next year!

You can access the survey at the link below, and if you have any questions either leave a comment here or email me at info@prairiedevcon.com.

Click here to take survey

Thanks!

D’Arcy

www.prairiedevcon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment