We’re running a contest until February 28th where you can win a free pass to Prairie Dev Con Winnipeg! Entering is super easy – check out the steps below:
Step 1 – Register for The Developer Movement
The Developer Movement is a program put on by Microsoft where developers can earn great prizes for…well…developing!
Registering for The Developer Movement is your first step towards winning a conference pass! Simply visit the Developer Movement website here and sign up to receive the latest updates!
Step 2 – Watch Two Microsoft Virtual Academy Course Modules
Once you’ve registered with The Developer Movement, head on over to the Microsoft Virtual Academy! MVA is an ever-growing collection of online training sessions in various Microsoft technologies – and its entirely free!
So your second step is to register for the Microsoft Virtual Academy
(make sure to use the same email address you used to register for The Developer Movement) and watch two modules of any of the following courses:
- Windows 8.1 Developer Training: Geek Edition Jump Start
- Windows 8.1 UX Design Jump Start
- What’s New in Visual Studio 2013
- C++: A General Purpose Language and Library
- Porting Unity Games to Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone
- Introduction to C++/DirectX Game Development
- C# Fundamentals: Development for Absolute Beginners
- Programming in C# Jump Start
- Windows Store App Development Essentials with C# Refresh Jump Start
- Advanced Windows Store App Development using C# Refresh Jump Start
- Designing Your XAML UI with Blend Jump Start
- XAML Deep Dive for Windows & Windows Phone Apps Jump Start
- Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 Jump Start
- Windows Store Apps with HTML5 Refresh Jump Start
- Advanced Windows Store App Development with HTML5 Jump Start
- Building Windows Store Apps for iOS Developers Jump Start
- Gaming Engines for Windows 8 Jump Start
- Windows Phone 8 Development for Absolute Beginners
- Building Apps for Windows Phone 8 Jump Start
- Build Apps for Both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Jump Start
- Applying ALM with Visual Studio 2012 Jump Start
- Administering Visual Studio TFS 2012 Jump Start
- Software Testing with Visual Studio 2012 Jump Start
- Developing ASP.NET MVC4 Web Applications Jump Start
- HTML5 & CSS3 Fundamentals: Development for Absolute Beginners
- Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start
- Developing Windows Azure and Web Services Jump Start
- Windows Azure Web Sites – Deep Dive Jump Start
- Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Core Solutions
- Developing SharePoint Server Advanced Solutions
Step 3 – Email Prairie Dev Con That You Completed Steps 1 & 2!
Once you’ve registered for The Developer Movement and you’ve watched your two modules, you’re ready for the last step!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your name and what email you used to register for The Developer Movement and Microsoft Virtual Academy, as well as the titles of the two modules that you watched.
We’ll validate your details with Microsoft and enter your name into the draw for the free conference registration, which we’ll announce on Saturday March 1st!
Its that simple!
This contest will close at 11:59 PM on Friday, February 28th and is only open to Canadian residents.
This ends on the same day as the Early Bird registration pricing – what if I win but I’ve already registered?
No problem! If you win but have already registered with the conference, we’ll just refund your registration.
Any questions, comments, or clarifications, please let me know!
Prairie Dev Con